Thursday 4 February 2016

SOME IDIOMS

They've got my blank cheque.... meaning that I trust them blindly.

When do we knock off.... meaning" when do we finish?"

Like that tangle over there....meaning that it is very confused.

Hit the road.....meaning to begin travelling in an auto or to leave a place.

I'll be getting a certificate for my volunteer hours?.... meaning  and the remuneration and benefits what?

You betcha.....it's meaning that is sure, is true!

Keep us busy for a while.... it's meaning that it's going to take some work.

Are we doing this till tomorrow? it's meaning that is very long time to do something.

Have a pile of work yonder......we do have some work to do.

Is it in the storage portable?....it's meaning that I can't see. "open your eyes".


No comments:

Post a Comment